Report shifts

Create a complaint letter to HMRC

If you have undertaken an unpaid trial shift, we recommend reporting it to the HMRC. Our complaint tool allows you to quickly generate a letter, which you can choose to send to the HMRC online. Simply fill out the form below to generate the letter, and follow the link to HMRC's website.

Format the dates of your shift as DD/MM/YYYY. If you have completed shits at the same business over multiple dates, list these, separating each date with commas.

Report to ACAS

ACAS (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) is the the government body responsible for advice to workers.

Helpline on Tel 0300 123 1100. The helpline is open 08.00 - 20.00 Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and 08:00 – 18:00 Tuesday and Friday. Calls cost no more than calling 01 or 02 number and will be included in any free minutes allowance. The helpline can take calls in over 100 languages. All complaints are treated as confidential

Report to us

Have you or someone you know experienced an unpaid trial shift that you'd like to let us know about? We engage in productive, fair dialogue with businesses to encourage fairer procurement practices.